Today’s students are active learners who have vast amounts of knowledge at their fingertips, can find inspiration, creativity and shared experiences from all corners of the earth and live in an age in which social media has revolutionized the very definitions of “community” and “authority.” In a world which allows for unprecedented encounters and exchange on a global scale, Amudim opens exciting new intellectual and spiritual horizons by offering:
- An innovative style which empowers each student to bring her own voice and perspective to Torah learning.
- Seamless harmonization of traditional and modern scholarship.
- A derech ha-limmud, the necessary toolbox for lifelong independent Torah study.
- “The Amudim Seminar,” a series of mini-courses taught by a panoply of leading Israeli scholars and educators, which introduces students to the eclectic world of Jewish scholarship that exists exclusively in Israel.
- Honest conversation about existential issues and big questions, such as the existence of God, free will, the afterlife, the problem of evil and suffering, and the interaction between Judaism and modern values and ethics.
- Unforgettable one-of-a-kind tiyulim and extraordinary extracurriculars that bring the values of Amudim to life.
- A warm thoughtful environment that inspires steadfast Shmirat ha-Mitzvot and love of Torah.
- The stunning, modern and diverse city of Modi'in as its backdrop.
The only program exclusively for English-speaking women to engage them with Jewish texts in the fullest possible way, from both traditional and academic perspectives, where no question or source is off the table and students are encouraged to think for themselves, Amudim stands at the forefront of advanced Torah education, addressing the needs and expectations of a motivated cadre of young women seeking to look beyond the “what” to explore the “whys” and "hows" of Torah, Jewish thought and culture.